Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tomorrow's Yesterday

    Today we started another 2 week painting, this time based on a still life that was set up generally using split-complimentary color schemes. Which means that instead of the color that is directly opposite it on the color wheel[a color's compliment] it uses the two on either side of that color. Creating a more varied yet still appealing color palette.


[Cody's split-complimentary still life in progress]
    My main goal for today was to get the entire canvas covered with colors/values that were at least some approximation of what they will look like in the finished painting. I was having trouble getting stuff up to the same level of polish as I had mentioned in the past, without working it all up at closer to the same time.

    I'm going to try and get some work done on my Halloween costume here tonight, I may not get much sleep the next couple days, but I'd like to get this thing done this year. I started it two years ago around this time... I'll have more to share on Friday.

-Cody



[Allison's split-complimentary still life in progress]




No comments:

Post a Comment