Thursday, November 6, 2014

To Put Things Into Perspective

    I've got some stuff from yesterday, and some stuff from today. Yesterday we had our painting class
and we completed our split-complementary paintings.

[Cody's split-complimentary painting]
    
    I had made sure to have covered the canvas by the end of the first class and get to working on the accurate colors, and fleshing out the forms. The only thing I wish I had more time to get more colors into the values within the drapery in the background.

[Cody's raised two-point perspective drawing]

[Cody's raised two-point perspective drawing]

    In drawing today we continued to work on two-point perspective drawings, which I'm finding very helpful. This time though we had to imagine ourselves significantly higher up in the air, so our vantage point was elevated. Raising our vanishing points, the point was to see as if we were looking down on the rooms we were drawing.


[Allison's split-complimentary painting]

[Allison's two-point perspective drawing]
    
    Allison can add any of her thoughts tomorrow. I may add more as well.

     I really enjoyed my painting this week, I moved to a different area and the lighing was much stronger. I sat down so everything was above eye level. It gave it an interesting view point, and I felt like it made it more dynamic. I wish I had more time to work on it. I will probably adjust some areas that seem flat when I was running out of time in class. Class feels less frustrating as well. I do reach points where I don't know where to begin. But once I get the ball rolling things turn out pretty good (well?)

-Cody and Allison 

"Oh, I know what the ladies like." -Sgt. Avery Johnson




1 comment:

  1. Cody ... very nice painting there, why does Allison's painting have more shine to the vase and the apple? Is it the perspective or artistic choice? Anyway, they both look great!

    Your head looks just like you .... those eyes are kinda scary thou!!!

    Back from the mtns, no elk, saw does of course ... cuz I had a buck tag! Pete is gonna share some of his elk w me, and Tom is heading out to a ranch w a cow tag ... should have some more meat from Tom also.

    OK, getting cold this week single digits the end of the week, no snow yet! Gotta get some homework done now.

    Love you,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete