Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Final Days

    We're down to the last full week of the semester and we've got a lot of stuff we're working on. Nearly every class has some sort of final piece/assignment due this week or the beginning of the next.

    I'm finally making headway on my actual watercolor/colored pencil piece for Illustration I. I thought both of my illustration classes assignments were going to be due tomorrow, but we have another week so I have plenty of time to get them to where I want them. Hopefully.


[fruit illustration in progress]

    I've started my final painting which is due sooner than my illustrations... but I'll get it done. Allison and I went down to my grandparents house and I had her lean against a shed/garage for  a while. I don't know why, but for my traditional work I really like long vertical compositions so that's what I went with.

[exterior with figure in progress]

    I've finally got a photo of my ogre sculpture to share, I grabbed a black wig today at the store so I can make his hair tendrils and grease it up a bit. His name is Sticky Hair after all.

[3D illustration in progress]

    He's going to be a very "non-traditional" looking ogre and I think it's going to work. We'll see by next Tuesday.

-Cody


    Busy,busy,busy. I've been working for hours on my pieces. I'm almost done with them though, considering finals are this week and next week. I've been working on my art work so much I forgot about my writing assignments. This week  I have photos of my Sculpture project, Pastel final, and Independent Drawing Projects finals. 


[kaiju sculpture in progress]

   My kaiju(monster) is being developed with the muscles now. I'm excited to work on it because its something really cool. We are doing figures in sculpture right now so this is a nice break from a human figure. I'm gonna work on it and bring out the details once I figure out the musculature. 

[pastel interior in progress]

   This pastel piece is to replicate Film Nior sense of style. I will darken the edges and finish the stairs, the light space will be in the center, and everything else will be in shadow.

[pastel and independent drawing projects work]

   The piece on the right is one of my stencil paintings/drawings. It is a mixed medium piece, and It displays a topic I truly am invested in as a feminist.  Not the " man hating" feminism...
   The background looks better than before, but still empty. I'm at the point where I'm not sure what to do, for a fear of making it worse.

[independent drawing project in progress]

This is another stencil I was working on, it is an abandoned building with employee records as the background. I'm not sure if I like this version. Luckily I have a stencil and can remake it as many times as I please! The joy of stenciling!!! 

-Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment