Monday, March 2, 2015

Late Night Catch Up

    It's a little late tonight, but I wanted to share something before I head to bed. We've had a busy weekend, with even more snow. Then this coming weekend we'll be flying out to Colorado to visit family and friends for a week!

    Last Thursday in Drawing we had our first figure model in class, we worked on everything up starting with short gesture drawings to a longer 40 minute-ish pose. I don't remember how long each of these are, but I chose 3 for each of us to share tonight.


[figure drawing by Cody]


[figure drawing by Cody]


[figure drawing by Cody]

    It's been a long time since I've done any figure drawing any I had missed it. I need to get in on the extra figures sessions after break.

-Cody

    I'm so excited to draw the figure. I had a lot of fun with the gesture drawings and there was a lot of great poses our model did. As for other classes, I'm doing a self portrait in my pastels class and a reproduction of a masters piece I want to copy. I will have to work on my homework In Colorado over break. I'm going to be missing a lot of work Friday when we leave and Monday when we come back, I'm not really prepared to work on art homework across the country. I'm going to have to figure a way to compromise.

   We are currently working on the figure in sculpture as well. So I have to make a small figure and finish my skeleton/musculature for the next time I have class. Which will be hard to catch up on.


[figure drawing by Allison]


[figure drawing by Allison]

[figure drawing by Allison]

-Allison







No comments:

Post a Comment