Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Last Week of the First Semester

    It's been kind of crazy the last week or so around here, painting, drawing, and sculpting to try and get caught up for the last week. We also lost power halfway through our painting class last Wednesday so we didn't get to finish the paintings as planned so after I finish writing here I'm going to get some work done on that and the homework for that class. both are interior still life style paintings. I'll grab some finished shots of everything from all of our classes throughout the week.

    Today though, we had the last day of the first semester of Sculpture I, and my last day of sculpture for the school year. They way my schedule had to be built due to transferring made me push the other half to later, if ever.


[Cody's finished portrait sculpture]

    I'm pretty happy with how mine turned out, we were really nitpicking while talking about what I could improve upon, which is good. I feel like there weren't any "glaringly funky things", as I had put it in class, that I needed to fix right away.

[Cody's finished portrait sculpture]

    Once I found Kim[my instructor]'s palette knife like tool I definitely had the confidence in the mark making I was looking for. I was able to get the contrast through the darks created by the deep crevasses and crease I made with the tool. 

    Now I'm going to drink too much Mtn. Dew and try and finish off a couple of paintings, but I'll have more to share as the last week here goes on. then to break and more time for "personal" work!

-Cody

 [Allison's portrait sculpture]

[Allison's portrait sculpture]

[Allison's portrait sculpture]

    If I get a chance tonight I'll post a little about these. 

-Allison

 "There's a thin line between being a hero, and being a memory." -Optimus Prime

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys .... those sculptures look great! What bout some glass for the eyes! That would take it over the top .... cats eyes!

    Yous guys have a great down time .... now go to work!!!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete